Gates can be notorious for sagging over time, especially if they are large and heavy.
In this DIY post, we’ll show you a quick, easy, and cost-effective solution to correct gate sag and hopefully prevent it from happening again in the future.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED
Tools and Equipment
- Wire Cutters/Swaging Tool
- Drill Driver
- 4mm Drill Bit to suit chosen Fasteners and material you’re drilling into (i.e. timber, metal etc.)
- Adjustable Spanner
- Safety Goggles
- Pencil or Texta for marking holes
- Stainless Steel or Galvanised wire rope
- Balustrading Kit to suit gate frame (i.e. Metal or Wood etc.)
- 4 x Stainless steel or galvanised M4 bolts and nuts and washers
Please note: For maximum strength, we will be using bolts and nuts (M4) in this demonstration. You can also fix the wire eye straps with other appropriate fixings such as rivets or self-tapping screws for metal frames or appropriate length timber screws for a timber frame.